10 Reasons to get into the mushroom growing business:
- They are in demand
- Offer a proven niche
- Can demand high prices for great mushrooms
- Are great for the environment
- They can be grown almost anywhere
- The startup cost can be very low.
- You can get started for less than $1000
- Marketing can be done cheaply and scale and grow with your new business
- You can use Social Media Marketing to market fast
- The Mushroom Growing Business rewards locally grown suppliers
Benefits of mushrooms:
- Mushrooms are healthy – Most varieties are high in vitamin D and contain main other powerful nutrients.
- Mushrooms are being studied for cancer research – Recent studies have started into the possible links between mushroom consumption and lower risks for certain cancers.
- Mushrooms can boost other plant growth – Since mushrooms produce carbon dioxide as they grow, they are being used to boost the growth of other plants in green houses around the world.
- They offer a higher dollar value per pound than most other vegetables that can be grown in microfarms.
- Are great to be grown on rack systems – Saving space and getting the most out of your available space. Rack systems allow some small growers to earn a substantial income from a single grow room.