Mushrooms, Sausage, and Peppers
SAUSAGE, PEPPERS, With MUSHROOMS
Your new favorite thing
Sausage, Peppers, and Mushrooms will be your new favorite dish.
This will be a great introduction to mushrooms for those who do not eat them regularly.
Serving Size 6
Total Cook Time 50 minutes
- 2 T olive oil
- 1lb Oyster Mushrooms sliced thin.
- 2lbs hot turkey or pork Italian sausage
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into thick strips
- 2 green bell peppers, cut into thick strips
- 1/2 tsp. Italian herb blend
1/2 tsp. of your favorite seasoning blend for Italian dishes. We used McCormick Perfect Pinch Italian Seasoning
- fresh-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups grated Mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 375F/190C. Coat the cooking pan with extra virgin olive oil.
- Wash mushrooms and cut into thin slices. Heat a little olive oil and sauté the mushrooms.
- Use another pan with a touch of olive oil to brown the sausage.
- Cook the mushrooms until the color alter to a light brown, and the water inside releases from the mushroom.
- Cut the peppers and remove any seeds as you work on them.
- Now add your mushrooms and peppers to the baking dish.
- As your sausage browns slice the sausage in the pan or remove to cut on your cutting board if that is easier for you.
- Lightly brown the sausage once sliced then pour over top of the mushrooms and peppers.
- Add the cheese in layers and include another few pinches of your Italian seasoning.
- Cook time will be about 20-25 minutes wait until all the cheese is melted well before removing from the oven.
- Serve hot.