INOCULATING BAGS WITH SORGHUM SEEDS
Note: The inoculation room must be kept very clean and free of diseases to avoid contamination. Avoid sunshine from entering the area.
- Prepare materials:
- Alcohol lamp
- Sorghum coated with spawn
- Square paper (5’’ x 5’’)
- Rubber bands
- Cotton Alcohol
- Pasteurized substrate bags
- Cleanroom with broom or dust vacuum Rub the floor with a disinfecting solution.
- Bring substrate bags from pasteurization chamber to the inoculation area.
- Light alcohol lamp.
- Disinfect hands and pasteurized substrate bags with alcohol.
- Take a bottle of sorghum coated with spawn (all-white color).
- Shake well bottle against car tire (or old tire) to release sorghum seeds and then, bring bottles to inoculation room. Do not open bottle
- A flame around the bottleneck. Open bottle very close to the flame to take out the air from inside.
- Drop 10 – 20 sorghum seeds coated with spawn in the mushroom bag. Act very quickly and with very little movement.
- Then bring cotton to close the bag as quickly as possible. Repeat for all bags.
- Leave bottle near the flame until all bags have been inoculated. Then close the bottle.
- Following inoculation of all bags, place clean square paper to cover the top of the bag and tie with a rubber band.
- Bring bags to incubation room.
You want to eat healthier but still, use the pellet smoker? Here is a recipe that every smoker will love and their healthy eaters will crave. Mushroom Mini Burgers It is a little bit meat and a little mushroom. Total Meal Prep Time 45 minutes to include 15 minutes of...
Using Your Straw Pellets as a substrate. Hydrate the straw pellets. You want to hydrate the pellets until they hold the water you have provided, but do not drip water unless lightly squeezed. This amount per pound of pellets varies because of many factors...
To keep you inspired, we prepared seven steps that you can use as a guide in starting your business in a local farmer’s market. Identify your product. Before even getting yourself a stall, it is important that you identify the product that you are going to sell your...
How to sell at the local farmer’s market Selling at the market is one of the best ways to earn money. Not only the market never runs out of people finding common products that are consumed on a regular basis but also it is a place where you can build a business that...
The All American Pressure Canners, Sterilizers, and Pressure Cookers are the finest of the kind on the market. Whether you are using one for the purposes of sterilization for growing mushrooms, or you are using them for canning and long-term food storage these are the...
Organic Mushroom Farming Both vegetarians and non-vegetarians consider mushrooms a favorite. Mushrooms can be used in various culinary ways. They can be used as an ingredient in soups and stews. They can also be a great pair for your favorite pasta. They can be...
These videos introduce you to the video technique being tried and tested by Amber North of Mycovations.nc. We love being able to see new methods used in the mushroom community. It is nice to see someone with such a positive outlook on the industry share her...
Our Straw Pellets Yes, we now have straw pellets in stock and available. As part of MushroomMediaOnline.com’s commitment to sourcing the best mushroom growing supplies online. We now have the best straw pellets in the business. These pellets are not just for growing...
3 ways social media can help build your business. With over 3 billion active users on social media, you can reach your customers and potential customers easier than ever. Here are 3 ways social media efforts can boost your marketing results. SEO Search Engine...