INOCULATING BAGS WITH SORGHUM SEEDS
Note: The inoculation room must be kept very clean and free of diseases to avoid contamination. Avoid sunshine from entering the area.
- Prepare materials:
- Alcohol lamp
- Sorghum coated with spawn
- Square paper (5’’ x 5’’)
- Rubber bands
- Cotton Alcohol
- Pasteurized substrate bags
- Cleanroom with broom or dust vacuum Rub the floor with a disinfecting solution.
- Bring substrate bags from pasteurization chamber to the inoculation area.
- Light alcohol lamp.
- Disinfect hands and pasteurized substrate bags with alcohol.
- Take a bottle of sorghum coated with spawn (all-white color).
- Shake well bottle against car tire (or old tire) to release sorghum seeds and then, bring bottles to inoculation room. Do not open bottle
- A flame around the bottleneck. Open bottle very close to the flame to take out the air from inside.
- Drop 10 – 20 sorghum seeds coated with spawn in the mushroom bag. Act very quickly and with very little movement.
- Then bring cotton to close the bag as quickly as possible. Repeat for all bags.
- Leave bottle near the flame until all bags have been inoculated. Then close the bottle.
- Following inoculation of all bags, place clean square paper to cover the top of the bag and tie with a rubber band.
- Bring bags to incubation room.
The All American Pressure Canners, Sterilizers, and Pressure Cookers are the finest of the kind on the market. Whether you are using one for the purposes of sterilization for growing mushrooms, or you are using them for canning and long-term food storage these are the...
Organic Mushroom Farming Both vegetarians and non-vegetarians consider mushrooms a favorite. Mushrooms can be used in various culinary ways. They can be used as an ingredient in soups and stews. They can also be a great pair for your favorite pasta. They can be...
These videos introduce you to the video technique being tried and tested by Amber North of Mycovations.nc. We love being able to see new methods used in the mushroom community. It is nice to see someone with such a positive outlook on the industry share her...
Our Straw Pellets Yes, we now have straw pellets in stock and available. As part of MushroomMediaOnline.com’s commitment to sourcing the best mushroom growing supplies online. We now have the best straw pellets in the business. These pellets are not just for growing...
3 ways social media can help build your business. With over 3 billion active users on social media, you can reach your customers and potential customers easier than ever. Here are 3 ways social media efforts can boost your marketing results. SEO Search Engine...
Canning Mushrooms How to can mushrooms at home for fun, preservation, and profit. When we talk about canning mushrooms in this case, we are talking about canning your mushrooms at home with a traditional canning method. 10 steps to can mushrooms. Source and choose...
Why does the substrate matter? In a field like farming mushrooms where it is possible (at least in part) to literally grow with waste materials and manure, why does your substrate matter? A few things to look at with the cost of a substrate as you grow and...
Online Food Ordering Systems for Mushroom Farms A good number of Mushroom Farmers are looking for local delivery solutions. Each one is looking for Online Ordering For Mushroom Farms. They want an app or a feature on their website that allows customers to order fresh...
A great video from Southwest Mushrooms on making your own masters mix with our ingredients. Several times during the video you can see our product label shown to the camera.