INOCULATING BAGS WITH SORGHUM SEEDS
Note: The inoculation room must be kept very clean and free of diseases to avoid contamination. Avoid sunshine from entering the area.
- Prepare materials:
- Alcohol lamp
- Sorghum coated with spawn
- Square paper (5’’ x 5’’)
- Rubber bands
- Cotton Alcohol
- Pasteurized substrate bags
- Cleanroom with broom or dust vacuum Rub the floor with a disinfecting solution.
- Bring substrate bags from pasteurization chamber to the inoculation area.
- Light alcohol lamp.
- Disinfect hands and pasteurized substrate bags with alcohol.
- Take a bottle of sorghum coated with spawn (all-white color).
- Shake well bottle against car tire (or old tire) to release sorghum seeds and then, bring bottles to inoculation room. Do not open bottle
- A flame around the bottleneck. Open bottle very close to the flame to take out the air from inside.
- Drop 10 – 20 sorghum seeds coated with spawn in the mushroom bag. Act very quickly and with very little movement.
- Then bring cotton to close the bag as quickly as possible. Repeat for all bags.
- Leave bottle near the flame until all bags have been inoculated. Then close the bottle.
- Following inoculation of all bags, place clean square paper to cover the top of the bag and tie with a rubber band.
- Bring bags to incubation room.
So, you want to grow more mushrooms. At MushroomMediaOnline.com we are committed to helping you. Over the next few weeks, we will be sharing content on our blog that is the equivalent of at least 3 large eBooks. With 2 primary focuses for that content. Helping you...
The research is in and Biodegradable grow bags work! That is the headline you are seeing online now but is that true? If you did not know there has been a question in the industry about biodegradable grow bags. People wondered if they would really break down, and if...
Mushrooms Maybe the key to saving the World Bee population. Recently there have been news stories highlighting the decline of the bee population in the United States. The issue has been called colony collapse disorder and has reduced the colonies in size and...
HOW TO GROW MUSHROOMS Anyone who has a good cellar where an even temperature can be maintained can grow mushrooms for home use, but if they are to be raised in large quantities for market, an appropriate building must be given over to their exclusive use. We have...
White Sauce 2 Cheese Mushroom Pizza This is an amazing cheese pizza that has a great Mushroom taste. If you have a Ooni Wood Fired Pizza Grill you can do the pre work in about 15 minutes and cook this amazing Pizza in about 2 minutes time. If you are cooking in a...
All of these varieties of mushroom love oak sawdust that is supplemented. We recommend the soy hull supplementation for the best result. Shiitake, Lion's Mane, Oyster, Phoenix Oyster, Pioppini, Reishi, Chicken of the Woods, Maitake, Nameko. Get your own fast fruiting...
TROUBLE SHOOTING “Preventing is better than solving the problems” Or a penny of prevention is better than a pound of cure. If your Mycelium fails to form. I can me the following things. Improper initiation strategy. Consult parameter of growth. Alter moisture,...
HARVESTING Look for mature mushrooms. Mushrooms are ready to be picked 2 - 3 days after they first appear. Pick mushrooms gently by grasping stalk and pulling out slowly. Note: Mushrooms must be harvested at the most appropriate time. If too small, they cannot fetch a...
OPENING BAGS Clean around and inside the fruiting body house using a broom. Transfer mature spawn bags to the mushroom fruiting body house using a trolley (or prepare them for fruiting). Place bags on shelves. Open bags according to type 3.1 Oyster mushrooms- Hed...