INOCULATING BAGS WITH SORGHUM SEEDS
Note: The inoculation room must be kept very clean and free of diseases to avoid contamination. Avoid sunshine from entering the area.
- Prepare materials:
- Alcohol lamp
- Sorghum coated with spawn
- Square paper (5’’ x 5’’)
- Rubber bands
- Cotton Alcohol
- Pasteurized substrate bags
- Cleanroom with broom or dust vacuum Rub the floor with a disinfecting solution.
- Bring substrate bags from pasteurization chamber to the inoculation area.
- Light alcohol lamp.
- Disinfect hands and pasteurized substrate bags with alcohol.
- Take a bottle of sorghum coated with spawn (all-white color).
- Shake well bottle against car tire (or old tire) to release sorghum seeds and then, bring bottles to inoculation room. Do not open bottle
- A flame around the bottleneck. Open bottle very close to the flame to take out the air from inside.
- Drop 10 – 20 sorghum seeds coated with spawn in the mushroom bag. Act very quickly and with very little movement.
- Then bring cotton to close the bag as quickly as possible. Repeat for all bags.
- Leave bottle near the flame until all bags have been inoculated. Then close the bottle.
- Following inoculation of all bags, place clean square paper to cover the top of the bag and tie with a rubber band.
- Bring bags to incubation room.
Something exciting is happening with Mushrooms! What is amazing is that consumers are catching on about how healthy mushrooms are. Mushroom supplements are the newest sign of this amazing trend. Several growers are realizing that it can be very profitable to...
Discover more about 20 types of mushrooms and their uses in your diet, and life in this amazing video.
Here you can visit a local mushroom farm that has scaled to a commercial operation.
Sometimes it is hard to find lab supplies when you are small and just starting out. Also, locating a place to purchase all of them at one time can be near impossible. Well, Amazon has much of what you may want or need if you know where to look. This page will just...
This is a new model of flow hood now available on Amazon. It is too early to have a great deal of feedback but it is nice to see more options entering the market. As you know a Laminar flow hood is the next step for someone's mushroom growing operation often after a...
So many exciting products are being launched every week now in the mushroom business that we are watching these products for you. As a farmer or grower trying these products and seeing if they can fit in your own product line can mean more profit for your business....
This bedside nightlight looks cool! It seems like this nightlight would be a great way to get your kids interested in and loving mushrooms at an early age. Maybe a key to get them thinking positively about mushrooms and helping more on the farm? Made of...
Coffee Drinker? Think you have tried it all before? How about Mushroom Coffee? Yes, mushroom coffee is now available and it is getting some solid reviews on Amazon and other marketplaces. Here are the details on this coffee. POWER ON CREATIVE FOCUS: Half the caffeine,...
Super Fungi - On Prime Video Mushrooms could be man's best allies in the struggle against sanitary and environmental challenges that threaten our societies. A select group of species, known as Super Fungi, are incredibly effective at tasks ranging from digesting oil...